Nowadays people pay much attention in their physical appearance. A good appearance makes you feel confident and you are ready to counter any problem whereas if you feel insecure about your appearance it might affect about performance. Various cosmetic surgeries have become popular in recent time and among them one is facelift surgery.
A facelift or Rhytidectomy is a type of cosmetic surgery used to remove excess facial skin to get a more youthful appearance. Loose and sagging skin or extra fat under the chin can really affect your self-confidence, to counter this problem a facelift may be the most effective solution. A number of clinics have been established which offer facelift surgery in Montreal.
Here is a list of frequently asked questions regarding facelift:
What is the right time for getting a facelift?
If your self-confidence is affected by your facial appearance then you should get the procedure done. There is no age limit or cutoff for getting the surgery. As long as you’re healthy there is no issue.
What precautions should be taken before the surgery?
- Firstly consult with your surgeon and provide all your medical history.
- Stop your medication as some medicines like aspirin cause thinning of the blood.
- Two weeks prior to the surgery patients should give up smoking and alcohol as it interferes with blood flow and can affect the healing process and cause heavy blood loss.
- Avoid applying cosmetics during this period.
Is surgery safe?
There is some degree of risk in any kind of risk but choosing a well-trained surgeon with good experience in this field will decrease the risk greatly. If you follow the pre- and post-operative instructions exactly recommended by the surgeon then there will be no complication.
What really happens during the procedure?
In this procedure, the patient is given a sedative and an incursion made in front of the ear and on the chin. The surgeon pulls out the excess skin through these cut and then these cuts are closed by stitches. The procedure takes 2 to 5 hours and the patient is allowed to return home on the same day.
Image Source: Pinterest
What is recovery like?
Recovery normally takes 2 weeks, so go easy on yourself for initial days. Stitches are usually removed after the first week and to speed up your recovery take full bed rest and treat yourself with healthy and nourishing food.
What precautions should be taken after the surgery?
- Avoid doing rigorous work for at least 4 weeks.
- There will be some bruising and swelling for initial days so be prepared for that.
- Incision areas and bandages should be kept dry so avoid showers.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet and avoid exposing the skin to the sun.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol for a quick recovery.
- In case of any discomfort contact your surgeon.
How long facelift last?
Since every individual has different skin type so the effect of the procedure may be different for different people, impact of a facelift depends on genetics, lifestyle, skin condition, your surgeon; cosmetic products used etc. so to increase the effect consults your surgeon and follow his instructions.